I got to use a cool new tool today, a pop rivet removal tool that prevents the rivet head from spinning while drilling out the mandrel. It wasn’t cheap but it sure does the job. During the last race at Laguna Seca, I was dragging the rear of my Crossle chassis through the Corkscrew, shaving my engine belly pan almost down to the frame rails. When I tried to raise the ride height I discovered I was already at max spring perch height. So while I had my Koni 8211 shocks out being rebuilt this month (its been years since their last service), I installed some longer springs so I could get some more ride height out of the rear. Removing the old engine belly pan was much easier with the right tool. I then installed a new .080″ 6061-t6 pan with both Hysol and steel mandrel/aluminium head Q-rivets. Much easier job now with my new pneumatic rivet gun.