So the roof came off the race-wagoon today to finish up the rollcage. Well, almost finish it up. We got in the diagonals, the passenger door bars, and the bars through the firewall to tie in the front strut towers. The driver-side door bars will go in after the Wilwood pedal box assembly goes in, and the rear down bars after the IRS is fabbed in.
Archives for July 2009
We got back to work and went a little hog-wild on the modifications…
Just kidding. Today we cut out the inner cowl and seat braces with the plasma cutter. We got the forward loop plates in, bent and installed the main down bars, and got the header tube in. The front wheelwell enlargement mods done by the previous owner can be seen in these photos. A triangular patch was cut out and welded back in further aft. Next: diagonals, door bars, and front/rear suspension pick-up points.